Please change your device orientation.
Please select your country / region
Guerlain respects the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
This website is operated by Guerlain SA, is a French luxury designer and skin care company with its headquarters in PARIS – France We appreciate your interest in our products and thank you for visiting our website.
PERSONAL DATA - DEFINED
Personal data is information that can directly or indirectly identify a specific person, such as their last name, first name, date of birth, customer number, order number, photo, etc.
We may collect your personal data when you:
- create a customer account on our website, apps, or in our stores;
- order goods from our website;
- make purchases in stores;
- join our loyalty program;
- use our online services, such as the chat service;
- agree to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, SMS or post, depending on your selection;
- answer surveys or satisfaction questionnaires based on your customer experience;
- interact with our Company via its official page on social networks or when we suggest re-use of content that you have published on a social network;
- contact our customer service;
- send requests for information to our Company;
- take part in an event we organize;
- browse on the Internet using cookies or similar technology or when you click on advertisements for our products.
Guerlain collects data about our website visitors directly (such as when you provide it to us), as well as indirectly (such as via website browsing and analytics to help us ensure that our website provides a positive experience for visitors.)
The direct collection of personal data from you, which is limited to that which is appropriate for the requested services, may include:
- Your name;
- Your contact details (e.g. email address, mailing address (such as for orders) and/or your phone number;
- Your personal preferences in relation to our products or use of our website;
- Information relating to your orders, their tracking and your purchase invoices;
- Purchase history and any returns (online or in stores);
- Information you may provide to our customer service;
- Any feedback from you regarding our products;
- Your participation in surveys, or other promotional activities or events that we offer;
- Your comments about Guerlain and our products via social media;
- Your bank details if you place an order via our website;
The indirect collection of personal information relates to the use of our website, especially with respect to your browsing (pages visited, links clicked, etc.). Some of this information may be collected using cookies placed in your web browser when you browse our website. For more information about cookies, please see our 'Information on Cookie Management' at the end of this Policy.
Guerlain uses the personal data we collect for the following types of purposes:
- enable you to create a customer account on our website, applications and at our counters and in our stores;
- manage your access to your customer account on the Internet or our applications;
- process and manage your online orders and their delivery;
- record purchases made at our counters or in our stores;
- secure online transactions, prevent fraud, payment incidents and manage debt collection (see our terms and conditions for more details) ;
- manage customer relations with respect to any requests for information or complaints you may send us via our website, customer service or social network pages;
- trace and manage any alerts you may send us as part of our cosmetic vigilance obligations;
- manage and optimise your customer experience by improving our knowledge of our customers;
- propose appropriate, tailored services, particularly when we enhance our products and services;
- conduct statistical analyses to develop management, measuring and reporting tools in order to adjust and improve our sales, marketing and product manufacturing;
- subject to your consent, send you information on our offers, news and events on your chosen communication media;
- manage your participation in any events to which you have signed up;
- for any necessary legal, regulatory or compliance purposes.
Guerlain processes your personal information:
- to perform the contract agreed between yourself and Guerlain, to manage your access to your customer account and to process and track your orders;
- within the framework of its legitimate interest for the purposes of marketing management (improving our product and services), securing its digital media (websites, applications, etc.) and combating fraud ;
- when you have given your consent for the processing of your data, especially for the purposes of managing our sales prospection, and of your browsing data via cookies, etc.
- within the framework of compliance with our legal obligations, particularly fiscal obligations (conserving purchase invoices) and cosmetic vigilance with regard to Regulation (EU) 1223/2009 of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products.
Your personal data is processed by the personnel of Guerlain. We ensure that only authorized persons within Guerlain have access to your personal data when this is necessary for the purpose of managing our commercial relations or meeting our legal obligations.
We may also share your personal data with;
- other entities of the LVMH Group, as well as those that may become part of the Group in the futures;
- external partners (service providers) who assist us with our customer-related activities;
- other third-parties, if necessary, to meet legal, regulatory or export obligations, or to respond to requests from legal authorities;
- In the unlikely event that Guerlain divests from the LVMH Group, or becomes affiliated with another group, your data may be entrusted to the target, but only upon receipt of written assurances that they will uphold a similar level of protection and surrounding restrictions relating to the data.
To the extent that your data is shared with external partners, we require those partners to enter into written agreements confirming that they will uphold a comparable level of protection for your data as that provided by Guerlain.
Some recipients of your personal data may be located abroad, including outside USA.
All data transfers outside your country of residence are subject to appropriate guarantees, especially contractual, technical and organizational guarantees, that comply with applicable regulations relating to the protection of personal data.
Guerlain has implemented physical, technical, administrative and operational safeguards that are designed to protect your personal data from and against loss, misuse, alteration, destruction and unauthorized access. The safeguards are updated from time to time in order to ensure that your data remains adequately protected, such as in relation to new threats and risks, and to address new requirements, standards and technologies,
Guerlain respects the rights of individuals with respect to their personal data. All individuals have the right to withdraw consent to use their data for marketing-related purposes. You also have the right to update your information on file with us, such as your email address, phone number, and marketing-related preferences. And, if you have a question about our handling of your data or believe it has been mismanaged, you have the right to contact us. Please use the contact details provided below to do so.
Some of the individual rights vary by region. Guerlain has adopted practices to ensure that we fulfill those region-specific rights for website visitors and other individuals who entrust us with personal data.
European Union, European Economic Area, and U.K. Residents
Guerlain recognizes and has addressed data protection and security measures that are required on a local or regional level. This includes, for example, those required for residents of the European Union/European Economic Area under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679 and those required for California residents under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (AB 375, California Civil Code Title 1.81.5, Section 1798.100 et seq.).
In particular, the GDPR provides the following rights (with some exceptions):
- The right to be informed: you have the right to obtain clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data, and your rights. You will find all this information in this Policy;
- The right of access: you have the right to access to the personal data Guerlain holds about you;
- The right of rectification: you have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is incorrect or outdated and / or completed if it is incomplete;
- The right to erasure / right to be forgotten: you have the right to have your personal data erased or deleted. Please note this is not an absolute right, as we may have legal or legitimate grounds for retaining your personal data;
- The right to object: you have the right at any time to object to the processing of your data within the limits established by GDPR or law;
- The right to withdraw consent at any time for data processing based on consent: You can withdraw your consent to our processing of your data when such processing is based on consent; and
- The right to data portability: you have the right to move, copy or transfer data from our database to another. This only applies to data that you have provided, where processing is based on a contract or your consent, and the processing is carried out by automated means.
You are also entitled to determine your personal data protection guidelines and directives in the event of death or extern circumstances.
You also have the right to contact the data protection authority of your country in order to lodge a complaint against the data protection and privacy practices of Guerlain.
Please contact us at the contact details below to exercise these rights or if you have any questions or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data.
We may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we process it.
Guerlian does not ‘sell’ personal information as that term is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding Guerlain’s disclosure of personal information and to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing.California residents can exercise these rights directly with Guerlain by emailing us at email@example.com.
Guerlain does not ‘sell’ personal information as defined under Nevada’s consumer privacy law (SB 220). As an added assurance to individuals who entrust their personal data to us, they may sign up for a Do Not Sell My Information Log that we maintain. To do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the reference line “Nevada Do Not Sell”. We may contact you for additional information in order to process your request.
Guerlain complies with federal and applicable state requirements relating to the collection of personal information from minors for marketing-related purposes. This website is not intended for minors under the age of 13. Should we unintentionally collect information from a minor via this site, it will be irreversibly deleted once that error is identified.
For all questions relating to the collection and processing of your data by Guerlain, you can contact the Guerlain Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. You can also write to us at :
19 East 57th Street
New York, NY - 10022 USA
Different types of cookies may be placed on your terminal whilst you are browsing on our website:
(i) "Essential" cookies
These cookies are essential for browsing on our website, especially for the functioning of the order process.
Deletion of these cookies may cause problems with browsing on our website and make it impossible for you to place an order.
These cookies are also necessary for tracking the activity of Guerlain.
They may be installed on your terminal by Guerlain or by its service providers.
(ii) "Analysis and Customisation" cookies
These cookies are not essential to browsing on our website, but may help you, for example, to search more effectively and optimise your purchasing experience and help us better target your requirements, improve our offer and optimise the functioning of our website.
(iii) "Advertising" cookies
Cookies may also be used for advertising purposes. These cookies ensure that the adverts you see are the most relevant to you.
What is the benefit of seeing special offers and advertising tailored to your browsing preferences?
The aim is to show you the most relevant offers and advertising. As such, cookie technology enables us to display content, in real-time, that is best suited to your fields of interest, as deduced from your browsing history on our website.
The interest you show in content displayed on your terminal when you consult a website often determines the advertising resources of this site, enabling it to provide its services, which are often supplied free of charge to users. You doubtless prefer to see offers and advertising that are relevant to you, rather than content that is of no interest to you at all. Similarly, both Guerlain and advertisers want their offers and advertising to be shown to Internet users that are likely to be interested in them.
Important information if you share your terminal with other users
If your terminal is used by several people or when a single terminal has more than one type of browser software, we cannot be sure that the services and advertising sent to your terminal will match your use of the terminal, rather than that of another user.
In this case, sharing use of your terminal with others and deciding your browser cookie settings are your free choice and your responsibility.
These cookies are not essential to browsing on our website.
On our website, we may include computer applications from third parties that enable you to share our website content with others, inform others that you have been consulting our website or notify them of your opinion concerning content on our site. This particularly concerns use of the "Share" and "Like" buttons featured on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
The social network providing these application buttons is likely to identify you via this button, even if you have not used it when browsing our website.
Indeed, this type of application button can enable the social network concerned to track your browsing on our website, simply because your account on the social network in question is enabled on your terminal (a session is open) whilst you are browsing our website.
We have no control over how social networks collect information regarding your browsing on our website and associated with the personal data they hold.
We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the social networks to learn about the purpose, especially advertising, of any browsing information they may collect via these application buttons. These privacy policies should enable you to exercise your choices with respect to these social networks, in particular by changing your account settings.
Visit the websites of the aforementioned social networks for more information about their privacy policies.