Please change your device orientation.
Guerlain respects the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
This website is operated by Guerlain SA, is a French luxury designer and skin care company with its headquarters in PARIS – 68 avenue des Champs-Elysées – 75008 PARIS – France, registered in the Paris trade and companies register under no. 582 022 265, are the data controllers of personal data collected on the website www.guerlain.com in the sense of regulations applying to personal data, in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data (hereinafter the "GDPR").
We appreciate your interest in our products and thank you for visiting our website.
PERSONAL DATA - DEFINED
Personal data is information that can directly or indirectly identify a specific person, such as their last name, first name, age or birthdate (so we can send you special offers), customer number, order number, photo, etc. If you use Guerlain’s virtual try-on services, the personal data we collect includes photos, and/or facial geometry or images of you (“biometric images” or “biometric data”) that you display to us via your device during the virtual try on session.
We may collect your personal data when you:
- create a customer account on our website, apps, or in our stores;
- order goods from our website;
- make purchases in stores;
- join our loyalty program;
- use our online services, such as the chat service;
- agree to receive personalized communications from us by email, telephone, SMS or post, depending on your selection;
- answer surveys or satisfaction questionnaires based on your customer experience;
- mention of our products on social networks or provide feedback;
- interact with our Maison via its official page on social networks or when we suggest re-use of content that you have published on a social network;
- contact our customer service;
- send requests for information to our Maison;
- take part in an event we organize;
- browse on the Internet using cookies or similar technology or when you click on advertisements for our products;
- Participate in our virtual try-on services or events.
Guerlain collects data about our website visitors directly (such as when you provide it to us), as well as indirectly (such as via website browsing, analytics and the use of website cookies (see below) to help us ensure that our website provides a positive experience for visitors.)
The direct collection of personal data from you, which is limited to that which is appropriate for the requested services, may include:
- Your name;
- Your contact details (e.g. email address, mailing address (such as for orders) and/or your phone number);
- Your personal preferences in relation to our products or use of our website;
- Information relating to your orders, their tracking and your purchase invoices;
- Purchase history and any returns (online or in stores);
- For our virtual try-on services, your photos and/or facial geometry or images of you that you display to us via your device or at our stores, during the virtual try on session;
- Interest in our products and services;
- Information you may provide for our customer service team;
- Any feedback from you regarding our products (ex: possible undesirable effects or experiences in relation to our products that you report to us);
- Your participation in voluntary surveys, or other promotional activities or events that we offer;
- Your feedback about Guerlain and our products via social media;
- Your publications/mentions relating to our products on social networks;
- Your payment information if you place an order via our website;
- Information relating to processing any returns or exchanges.
Personal data essential to Guerlain, such as how to contact you in relation to a question or where to send your purchase, is marked with an asterisk on all personal data collection forms on our website, in electronic form at some of our counters and stores, as well as off-line in paper form. If you do not fill in these compulsory fields, Guerlain will likely be unable to respond to your request and/or provide you with the requested services. Other information is optional and enables us to get to know you better and improve our communications and services with respect to you.
We also collect certain personal information indirectly, in connection you’re your use of our website, such as in relation to your browsing (pages visited, links clicked, etc.). Some of this information may be collected using cookies placed in your web browser when you browse our website. For more information about cookies, including your rights and preferences, please see our Cookie Notice, available here.
Guerlain uses the personal data we collect for the following types of purposes:
- enable you to create a customer account on our website, through our applications, and at our counters and in our stores;
- manage access to your customer account on the Internet or our applications;
- process and manage your online orders and their delivery, as well as any questions or returns;
- show you how the Guerlain products that you select look on you, via virtual try-on sessions that you initiate with us;
- record purchases made at our counters or in our stores;
- secure online transactions, prevent fraud, payment incidents and manage debt collection (see our terms and conditions for more details);
- manage our loyalty program;
- manage customer relations with respect to any requests for information or complaints you may send us via our website, customer service or social network pages;
- trace and manage any questions or feedback you may send us as part of our cosmetic vigilance obligations, in relation to our products;
- manage and optimize your customer experience by improving our knowledge of our customers and their browsing and use of our website;
- propose appropriate, tailored services, particularly when we enhance our products and services;
- conduct statistical analyses to develop management, measuring and reporting tools in order to adjust and improve our sales, marketing and product manufacturing;
- subject to your consent, send you personalized information on our offers, news and events on your chosen communication media, with the right to unsubscribe at any time;
- maintain records that will help us recommend products and services that may be of interest to you;
- manage your participation in any events to which you have signed up;
- analyze our brand performance on social networks in order to produce statistical analysis (market research, brand influence and campaign analysis);
Guerlain processes your personal information:
- to perform the contract agreed between yourself and Guerlain, to manage your access to your customer account, your subscription to the loyalty program and to process and track your orders;
- record purchases made at our counters or in our stores; within the framework of its legitimate interest for the purposes of marketing management (improving our product and services), securing its digital media (websites, applications, etc.), managing payments incidents and debt collection and combating fraud ; or to refine our customer knowledge through our third party partners' tools and in particular to: define the personalized profile of our customers based on their interests and to provide them with relevant offers of our brand on other websites; identify audiences similar to our target audience (in order to deliver our offers to audiences of people with similar profiles to our customers).
- when you have given your consent for the processing of your data, especially for the purposes of managing our personalized sales prospection, and of your browsing data via cookies, etc.
- within the framework of compliance with our legal obligations, particularly fiscal obligations (conserving purchase invoices) and cosmetic vigilance with regard to Regulation (EU) 1223/2009 of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products.
Your personal data is processed by the personnel of Guerlain. We ensure that only authorized persons within Guerlain have access to your personal data when this is necessary for the purpose of managing our commercial relations or meeting our legal obligations.
We may also share your personal data with;
- Other entities of the LVMH Group, as well as those that may become part of the Group in the futures;
- Others Guerlain entities and department shops where you buy our products in order to provide you with the same personal service all over the world;
- Other Guerlain subsidiaries abroad, as well as with our parent company Guerlain SA;
- Other third-parties, as necessary, to meet legal, regulatory or export obligations, or to respond to requests from legal authorities;
- site hosting and maintenance service providers and the providers of our electronic personal data collection solutions at counters and in stores;
- payment service providers;
- anti-fraud service providers;
- logistic service providers;
- marketing solution service providers;
- sales prospection and social network communication service providers;
- customer service providers;
- service providers for managing cosmetic vigilance alerts;
- event organization service providers;
- third parties who carry out statistics on our performance on social networks on our behalf.
- In the unlikely event that Guerlain divests from the LVMH Group, or becomes affiliated with another group, your data may be entrusted to the target, but only upon receipt of written assurances that they will uphold a similar level of protection and surrounding restrictions relating to the data.
- Third parties who assist Guerlain with our customer activities, so that we can provide excellent customer service and continue to offer cosmetic products that are highly desirable to our customers.
Please note that these partners may act as data controllers, in which case they have their own privacy policies. We illustrate some examples in the table below:
Lastly, GUERLAIN may need to share your personal data with third parties to meet its legal, regulatory or treaty obligations, to respond to requests from authorised legal authorities, or in relation to customer activities.
To the extent that your data is shared with external partners, we require those partners to enter into written agreements confirming that they will uphold a comparable level of protection for your data as that provided by Guerlain.
If you live outside of the United States, you should know that as a global organization, some recipients of your personal data may be located abroad, including outside USA, and that the data privacy and security requirements in other countries including the USA may not offer the same level of protection as the requirements in your home country. Nevertheless, Guerlain and its partners have implemented measures that are designed to ensure an equivalent level of protection for your data, irrespective of where it is located or stored, and in compliance with applicable regulations relating to the protection of personal data.
Guerlain has implemented physical, technical, administrative and operational safeguards that are designed to protect your personal data from and against loss, misuse, alteration, destruction and unauthorized access. The safeguards are updated from time to time in order to ensure that your data remains adequately protected, such as in relation to new threats and risks, and to address new requirements, standards and technologies. We require our partners and group companies to maintain a similar level of protection for your personal data as we do.
Data subject: Regular customer (i.e.: having a Customer profile)
Duration: 5 years from the date of the first purchase or account creation
Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with Guerlain (for example a purchase or an update of your profile) or your consent to continue to interact at the end of this period.
Duration: 3 years from the date of data collection
Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with Guerlain (e.g. participation in an event) or your consent to continue to interact at the end of this period.
Data subject: Client ‘Guest’ (i.e. not having a Client account)
Duration: 5 years from the date of first purchase
Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with Guerlain (e.g. a purchase).
Data subject: customer care (i.e.: complaints or information)
Duration: duration of the processing of the request plus 5 years. For exercises of rights, under GDPR, the request is kept during its treatment plus 6 years
Data subject: cosmetovigilance
Duration: duration of the processing of the request plus 10 years in archive
Data subject: Privileged interlocutors (e.g. agents, stylists, journalist, celebrity managers, artists) in relation to Maison Guerlain Public Relations services
Duration: 10 years from the date of your first contact
Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with Guerlain (for example a request for information on the Guerlain)
If cookies are placed on your computer, we keep them for a maximum of 6 months.
When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is deleted from our systems and our registers or made anonymous so that it can no longer be identified, subject to retention for archival purposes. claims and litigation management as well as to meet our legal and / or regulatory obligations and / or to respond to requests from authorities authorized to make the request.
Guerlain respects the rights of individuals with respect to their personal data. All individuals have the right to know what data we hold about you, and to withdraw consent to use your data for marketing-related purposes. You also have the right to update your information on file with us, such as your email address, phone number, and marketing-related preferences. And, if you have a question about our handling of your data or believe it has been mismanaged, you always have the right to contact us. Please use the contact details provided below to do so.
Some of the individual rights vary by region. Guerlain has adopted practices to ensure that we fulfill those region-specific rights for website visitors and other individuals who entrust us with personal data.
European Union, European Economic Area, and U.K. Residents
In particular, the GDPR provides the following rights (with some exceptions):
- The right to be informed: you have the right to obtain clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data, and your rights. You will find all this information in this Policy;
- The right of access: you have the right to access to the personal data Guerlain holds about you;
- The right of rectification: you have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is incorrect or outdated and / or completed if it is incomplete;
- The right to erasure / right to be forgotten: you have the right to have your personal data erased or deleted. Please note this is not an absolute right, as we may have legal or legitimate grounds for retaining your personal data;
- The right to object: you have the right at any time to object to the processing of your data within the limits established by GDPR or law;
- The right to withdraw consent at any time for data processing based on consent: You can withdraw your consent to our processing of your data when such processing is based on consent; and
- The right to data portability: you have the right to move, copy or transfer data from our database to another. This only applies to data that you have provided, where processing is based on a contract or your consent, and the processing is carried out by automated means.
You are also entitled to determine your personal data protection guidelines and directives in the event of death or extern circumstances.
You also have the right to contact the data protection authority of your country in order to lodge a complaint against the data protection and privacy practices of Guerlain.
Please contact us at the contact details below to exercise these rights or if you have any questions or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data.
We may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we process it.
Additional Protections / Certain Regions / U.S. Consumer Privacy Laws
On top of Guerlain’s overall data protection practices in the countries and regions where we operate, we have implemented additional measures in certain regions, including in relation to the U.S. consumer privacy laws that have been enacted in some states. At present, the U.S. states with consumer privacy laws include California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Virginia, and Utah. If you live in one of those states, please see below for your state, including information about your rights and preferences in relation to your personal data. You may also contact us at email@example.com for any questions or concerns or to exercise your rights.
Guerlain does not ‘sell’ personal information as that term is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). As an added assurance to California residents who entrust their personal data to us, they may also sign up for a Do Not Sell My Information Log that we maintain. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request information pertaining to the personal information that we hold about them, as well as the right to request a copy of their information, and the right to request deletion of their information. There are certain exceptions and limitations that apply. Please click here to view our CCPA Privacy Notice, which includes additional information as well as links to exercise those rights.
As also described in the CCPA Privacy Notice, California residents can also exercise these rights directly by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “CCPA Rights” in the reference line, or by reaching out to us using the contact information listed in the Contact Us section below.
Guerlain does not ‘sell’ personal information as defined under Nevada’s consumer privacy law (SB 220). As an added assurance to individuals who entrust their personal data to us, they may sign up for a Do Not Sell My Information Log that we maintain. To do so, please email us at us email@example.com, and include the reference line “Nevada Do Not Sell”. We may contact you for additional information in order to process your request.
Guerlain complies with federal and applicable state requirements relating to the collection of personal information from minors for marketing-related purposes. This website is not intended for minors under the age of 13. Should we unintentionally collect information from a minor via this site, it will be irreversibly deleted once that error is identified.
For all questions relating to the collection and processing of your data by Guerlain, you can contact the Guerlain Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call our toll-free number at 1-855-634-6767, or write to us at email@example.com.
Updated September 2022