G Beauty Orient L.L.C a limited liability company established in Dubai, whose registered address is PO box 26889 Dubai United Arab Emirates registered under trade license 1160361, whose paid shared capital is 300,000 united emirates Arabic dirhams and under VAT number 104075672600003 (“Guerlain”) pays particular attention to the processing, confidentiality and safety of your personal data.
Personal data is any information about an identified physical person or a physical person that may be directly or indirectly identified via an identification number or one or more elements particular to them, such as their last name, first name, date of birth, customer number, order number, photo, etc.
We can collect your personal data when you:
- create a customer account on our website, apps, or in our stores;
- make purchases in stores;
- use our online services, such as the chat service;
- agree to receive personalised communications from us by email, telephone, SMS or post, depending on your selection;
- answer surveys or satisfaction questionnaires based on your customer experience;
- interact with our Company via its official page on social networks ;
- contact our customer service;
- send requests for information to our Maison;
- take part in an event we organise;
- your publications/ mentions of our products on social networks;
- browse on the Internet using cookies or similar technology or when you click on advertisements for our products.
(i) As part of the services we provide, we may need to collect certain data directly from you using electronic forms on our website, mobile apps or in selected stores, or in paper form, for a range of purposes (see IV for a list of processing purposes).
Information we might collect includes:
- Your identity;
- Your contact details (e.g. email address):
- Your personal preferences in relation to the products we market or to our website (language);
- Information you may provide for our customer service;
- Information that you may provide when you interact with our chat;
- Specific health data if you notify us of any undesirable side-effects concerning any of our products;
- Your publications/mentions relating to our products on social networks.
Personal data essential to Guerlain is marked with an asterisk on all personal data collection forms on our website, in electronic form at some of our counters and stores, as well as off-line in paper form. If you do not fill in these compulsory fields, Guerlain will probably be unable to respond to your request and/or provide you with the requested services. Other information is optional and enables us to get to know you better and improve our communications and services with respect to you.
Guerlain processes your data to:
- enable you to create a customer account on our website, applications and at our counters and in our stores;
- manage your access to your customer account on the Internet or our applications;
- record purchases made at our counters or in our stores;
- manage customer relations with respect to any requests for information or complaints you may send us via our website, customer service or social network pages;
- when you interact with our chat, in order to respond to your requests ;
- trace and manage any alerts you may send us as part of our cosmetic vigilance obligations;
- manage and optimize your customer experience by improving our knowledge of our customers;
- propose appropriate, tailored services, particularly when we enhance our products and services;
- conduct statistical analyses to develop management, measuring and reporting tools in order to adjust and improve our sales, marketing and product manufacturing;
- send a generic newsletter: you have the right to object if you no longer wish to receive it;
- analyse the performance of our brand on social networks in order to produce statistical analyses (studies of results by market, brand influence and analysis of campaigns implemented);
- to promote our brand on social networks;
- manage your participation in any events to which you have signed up;
- subject to your free, specific, informed and unambiguous consent: to send you personalized communication according to the communication preferences you have indicated to us and to use third party services to personalise your profile.
In the latter interaction, when we send personalised communications or content, we may use so-called profiling techniques.
For the sake of transparency within this Policy, profiling is defined as any form of automated processing of personal data that consists of using that personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict elements concerning the preferences, interests, behaviour, location of that natural person. In these circumstances, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
Guerlain processes your personal information:
- to perform the contract agreed between yourself and Guerlain, to manage your access to your customer account,
- Our legitimate interest: for example, to improve our products and services, to defend ourselves, to secure our tools
- to define the personalized profile of our customers based on their interests and to provide them with relevant offers of our brand on other websites;
- identify audiences similar to our target audience (in order to deliver our offers to audiences of people with similar profiles to our customers).
- when you have given your consent for the processing of your data, especially for the purposes of managing our personalised information, and of your browsing data via cookies, etc.
- within the framework of compliance with our legal obligations, particularly fiscal obligations (conserving purchase invoices) and cosmetic vigilance with regard to Regulation (EU) 1223/2009 of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products.
Your personal data is processed by the personnel of Guerlain. We ensure that only authorised persons within Guerlain have access to your personal data when this is necessary for the purpose of managing our commercial relations or meeting our legal obligations.
We may also share your personal data with;
- other affiliates of Guerlain in France or abroad;
- other entities of the LVMH Group, with some of these entities acting as data processors;
- subcontractors, such as:
- site hosting and maintenance service providers and the providers of our electronic personal data collection solutions at counters and in stores;
- marketing solution service providers;
- social network communication service providers;
- customer service providers;
- event organisation service providers;
- third parties who carry out statistics relating to our performance on social networks on our behalf;
- third parties wishing to know your interests so that they can build up similar audiences and target prospects corresponding to your profile. In the context of this specific processing, these partners may re-use the personal data made available to them to carry out autonomous and distinct targeting for commercial prospecting purposes, for which they are responsible, and are responsible for their legal and regulatory obligations.
- Please note that these partners may act as data controllers, in which case they have their own privacy policies. We illustrate some examples below:
Lastly, GUERLAIN may need to share your personal data with third parties to meet its legal, regulatory or treaty obligations, or to respond to requests from authorised legal authorities.
Because Guerlain operates in many countries around the world and in order to provide you with a personalised service worldwide, some of your data may be collected, accessed or stored outside your country of residence.
You should be aware that data protection and security requirements differ from place to place and may not provide the same level of protection as in your home country.
You are informed that your data may be transferred for the purposes mentioned above to companies located in countries outside of your country of residence which have a lower level of data protection than your country of residence. Prior to the transfer outside your country of residence Guerlain will take all necessary measures and guarantees to secure such transfers.
Data may also be processed by staff operating outside the European Union who work for us or for one of our service providers.
The legal retention periods defined by Guerlain respect the recommendations of the regulation(s) in force and the legal obligations to which Guerlain is subject.
In general, your personal data is kept in our database:
Data subject: Regular customer (i.e.: having a customer profile)
Duration: 5 years from the date of the first purchase or account creation
Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with Guerlain (for example a purchase or an update of your profile) or your consent to continue to interact at the end of this period
Data subject: Prospect (i.e. never purchased products from Guerlain but registered for our communications)
Duration: 3 years from the date of data collection
Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with Guerlain (e.g. participation in an event) or your consent to continue to interact at the end of this period
Data subject: customer care (i.e.: complaints or information)
Duration: duration of the processing of the request plus 5 years. For exercises of rights, under GDPR, the request is kept during its treatment plus 6 years
Data subject: Privileged interlocutors (e.g. agents, stylists, journalist, celebrity managers, artists) in relation to Maison Guerlain Public Relations services
Duration: 10 years from the date of your first contact
Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with Guerlain (for example a request for information on the Guerlain)
When you interact with our chat, data relating to a complaint will be retained for 5 years by customer services, all other data will be deleted at the end of the conversation.
If cookies are placed on your computer, we keep them for a maximum of 6 months.
When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is deleted from our systems and our registers or made anonymous so that it can no longer be identified, subject to retention for archival purposes. claims and litigation management as well as to meet our legal and / or regulatory obligations and / or to respond to requests from authorities authorized to make the request.
- Right of access: you have the right to access the personal data that Guerlain holds about you.
- Right of rectification: you have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or obsolete and / or to supplement it if it is incomplete.
- Right to erasure / right to be forgotten: you have the right to have your data erased or deleted. However, this right may be limited by a legal reason or our legitimate interest in keeping your personal data.
- Right of opposition: you can at any time request to no longer receive our communications relating to our offers, news and events. You can in particular use the hypertext link provided for this purpose in each email or communication that we send to you. You can also request to receive non-personalized communications about our products and services.
- Right to withdraw consent at any time for data processing based on consent: you can withdraw your consent relating to our processing of your data when this processing is based on consent.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to move, copy or transfer data from our database to another. This right only applies to the data you have provided, and provided that the processing is based on a contract or your consent and carried out using automated processes.
Please contact us at the contact details below to exercise these rights or if you have any questions or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data.
You can exercise these rights directly with Guerlain by sending an email to email@example.com or a non-registered letter by post to GUERLAIN – Office No.110410b, Building 11, Dubai Design District, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive details of our offers, news and events, you can unsubscribe using the hypertext link provided for this purpose in each mail we send you. You can also contact us by telephone by calling +33 01 41 27 32 16 from 9am to 6pm, 5 days a week or by post at the following address: Service Relation Client 23, rue de la Monnaie – 75001 Paris Cedex– France.
For all questions relating to the collection and processing of your data by Guerlain, you can contact the Guerlain Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update: 25/09/2023