Please change your device orientation.
Please select your country / region
Guerlain pays particular attention to the processing, confidentiality and safety of your personal data.
This aim of this privacy charter is to provide you with clear, simple and complete information about how we process the personal data you give us or the data we may collect while you are browsing our website, how it may be transferred to third parties and your rights and options to control your personal information and protect your privacy.
This website is operated by Guerlain SA, a French luxury designer and skin care company with its headquarters in PARIS – France. We appreciate your interest in our products and thank you for visiting our website. For the purpose of your purchase in www.guerlain.com/hk, Guerlain (Asia Pacific) Limited, a private limited company incorporated in HKSAR, will be collecting your personal data on behalf of Guerlain SA.
Personal data is information that can directly or indirectly identify a specific person, such as their last name, first name, date of birth, customer number, order number, photo, etc.
We may collect your personal data when you:
- create a customer account on our website, apps, or in our stores;
- order goods from our website;
- make purchases in stores;
- join our loyalty program;
- use our online services, such as the chat service;
- agree to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, SMS or post, depending on your selection;
- answer surveys or satisfaction questionnaires based on your customer experience;
- interact with our Company via its official page on social networks or when we suggest re-use of content that you have published on a social network;
- contact our customer service;
- send requests for information to our Company;
- take part in an event we organize;
- browse on the Internet using cookies or similar technology or when you click on advertisements for our products.
(i) Guerlain collects data about our website visitors directly (such as when you provide it to us), as well as indirectly (such as via website browsing, analytics and the use of website cookies (see below) to help us ensure that our website provides a positive experience for visitors.)
The direct collection of personal data from you, which is limited to that which is appropriate for the requested services, may include:
- Your name
- Your contact details (e.g. email address, mailing address (such as for orders) and/or your phone number
- Your personal preferences in relation to our products or use of our website;
- Information relating to your orders, their tracking and your purchase invoices;
- Purchase history and any returns (online or in stores)
- Information you may provide to our customer service team;
- Any feedback from you regarding our products (ex: possible undesirable effects or experiences in relation to our products that you report to us);
- Your participation in voluntary surveys, or other promotional activities or events that we offer
- Your feedback about Guerlain and our products via social media
- Your payment information if you place an order via our website
- Information relating to processing any returns or exchanges;
Personal data essential to Guerlain, such as how to contact you in relation to a question or where to send your purchase, is marked with an asterisk on all personal data collection forms on our website, in electronic form at some of our counters and stores, as well as off-line in paper form. If you do not fill in these compulsory fields, Guerlain will probably be unable to respond to your request and/or provide you with the requested services. Other information is optional and enables us to get to know you better and improve our communications and services with respect to you.
We may also collect certain data generated by your purchases of products or services, online or in stores, particularly information regarding the amount and type of your purchases. This naturally helps us identify other items that may be of interest to you.
The indirect collection of personal information relates to the use of our website, especially with respect to your browsing (pages visited, links clicked, etc.). Some of this information may be collected using cookies placed in your web browser when you browse our website. For more information about cookies, please see our 'Information on Cookie Management' at the end of this Policy.
Guerlain uses the personal data we collect for the following types of purposes:
- enable you to create a customer account on our website, applications and at our counters and in our stores;
- manage your access to your customer account on the Internet or our applications;
- process and manage your online orders and their delivery, as well as any questions or returns;
- record purchases made at our counters or in our stores;
- secure online transactions, prevent fraud, payment incidents and manage debt collection (see our terms and conditions for more details);
- manage customer relations with respect to any requests for information or complaints you may send us via our website, customer service or social network pages;
- trace and manage any alerts you may send us as part of our cosmetic vigilance obligations;
- manage and optimize your customer experience by improving our knowledge of our customers and their browsing and use of our website;
- propose appropriate, tailored services, particularly when we enhance our products and services;
- conduct statistical analyses to develop management, measuring and reporting tools in order to adjust and improve our sales, marketing and product manufacturing;
- subject to your consent, send you personalized information on our offers, news and events on your chosen communication media and analyze your preferences and habits, anticipate your needs from of your consumer profile;
- manage your participation in any events to which you have signed up;
- for any necessary legal, regulatory or compliance purposes.
Guerlain processes your personal information:
- to perform the contract agreed between yourself and Guerlain, to manage your access to your customer account and to process and track your orders;
- record purchases made at our counters or in our stores; within the framework of its legitimate interest for the purposes of marketing management (improving our product and services), securing its digital media (websites, applications, etc.), managing payments incidents and debt collection and combating fraud;
- when you have given your consent for the processing of your data, especially for the purposes of managing our sales prospection, and of your browsing data via cookies, etc.
- within the framework of compliance with our legal obligations, particularly fiscal obligations (conserving purchase invoices) and cosmetic vigilance with regard to Regulation (EU) 1223/2009 of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products.
Your personal data is processed by the personnel of Guerlain. We ensure that only authorized persons within Guerlain have access to your personal data when this is necessary for the purpose of managing our commercial relations or meeting our legal obligations.
We may also share your personal data with;
- other entities of the LVMH Group, as well as those that may become part of the Group in the futures;
- external partners (service providers) who assist us with our customer-related activities
- other third-parties, if necessary, to meet legal, regulatory or export obligations, or to respond to requests from legal authorities.
- subcontractors, such as:
- site hosting and maintenance service providers and the providers of our electronic personal data collection solutions at counters and in stores;
- payment service providers;
- anti-fraud service providers;
- logistic service providers;
- marketing solution service providers;
- sales prospection and social network communication service providers;
- customer service providers;
- service providers for managing cosmetic vigilance alerts;
- event organisation service providers;
Lastly, GUERLAIN may need to share your personal data with third parties to meet its legal, regulatory or treaty obligations, to respond to requests from authorized legal authorities, or in relation to customer activities.
- In the unlikely event that Guerlain divests from the LVMH Group, or becomes affiliated with another group, your data may be entrusted to the target, but only upon receipt of written assurances that they will uphold a similar level of protection and surrounding restrictions relating to the data.
- Third parties who assist Guerlain with our customer activities, so that we can provide excellent customer service and continue to offer cosmetic products that are highly desirable to our customers.
To the extent that your data is shared with external partners, we require those partners to enter into written agreements confirming that they will uphold a comparable level of protection for your data as that provided by Guerlain.
Some recipients of your personal data may be located abroad, including outside Hong Kong.
All data transfers outside your country of residence are subject to appropriate guarantees, especially contractual, technical and organizational guarantees, that comply with applicable regulations relating to the protection of personal data.
Guerlain has implemented physical, technical, administrative and operational safeguards that are designed to protect your personal data from and against loss, misuse, alteration, destruction and unauthorized access. The safeguards are updated from time to time in order to ensure that your data remains adequately protected, such as in relation to new threats and risks, and to address new requirements, standards and technologies.
Guerlain respects the rights of individuals with respect to their personal data. All individuals have the right to withdraw consent to use their data for marketing-related purposes. You also have the right to update your information on file with us, such as your email address, phone number, and marketing-related preferences. And, if you have a question about our handling of your data or believe it has been mismanaged, you have the right to contact us. Please use the contact details provided below to do so.
Some of the individual rights vary by region. Guerlain has adopted practices to ensure that we fulfill those region-specific rights for website visitors and other individuals who entrust us with personal data.
Guerlain recognizes and has addressed data protection and security measures that are required on a local or regional level. This includes, for example, those required under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679.
In particular, the GDPR provides the following rights (with some exceptions):
- The right to be informed: you have the right to obtain clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data, and your rights. You will find all this information in this Policy;
- The right of access: you have the right to access to the personal data Guerlain holds about you;
- The right of rectification: you have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is incorrect or outdated and / or completed if it is incomplete;
- The right to erasure / right to be forgotten: you have the right to have your personal data erased or deleted. Please note this is not an absolute right, as we may have legal or legitimate grounds for retaining your personal data;
- The right to object: you have the right at any time to object to the processing of your data within the limits established by GDPR or law;
- The right to withdraw consent at any time for data processing based on consent: You can withdraw your consent to our processing of your data when such processing is based on consent; and
- The right to data portability: you have the right to move, copy or transfer data from our database to another. This only applies to data that you have provided, where processing is based on a contract or your consent, and the processing is carried out by automated means.
You are also entitled to determine your personal data protection guidelines and directives in the event of death or external circumstances.
You also have the right to contact the data protection authority of your country in order to lodge a complaint against the data protection and privacy practices of Guerlain.
Please contact us at the contact details below to exercise these rights or if you have any questions or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data.
We may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we process it.
Guerlain complies with federal and applicable state requirements relating to the collection of personal information from minors for marketing-related purposes. This website is not intended for minors under the age of 13. Should we unintentionally collect information from a minor via this site, it will be irreversibly deleted once that error is identified.
For all questions relating to the collection and processing of your data by Guerlain, you can contact the Guerlain Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Updated November 2020