The guidelines below detail the data protection policy of the company GUERLAIN SA (hereinafter “GUERLAIN”) with regard to personal data provided on its website www.guerlain.com/cerlceimperial.
GUERLAIN respects your concerns regarding the confidentiality of personal information and data provided by you. By providing your personal information and data, you consent to the use, analysis and, where applicable, disclosure of such information by us for purposes associated in particular with your requests for our newsletters, press releases and management of your orders. Consequently, we encourage you to read this policy carefully. This Data Protection policy applies to all personal data provided by you to GUERLAIN.
1. General information
GUERLAIN may collect personal data via its website from users requesting documents, subscribing to our newsletter or press releases, or creating an account or when ordering products on the website.
Any personal data provided by you to GUERLAIN is subject to the French Data Protection and Civil Liberties Law n°78-17
2. Right to access, correct and delete data and to object to data processing
You are entitled to access, correct and delete personal data which relates to you, and to object to the processing of such data. You may exercise this right at any time by writing to the following address:
125 avenue du Président Wilson
92593 Levallois Perret cedex –
or send an email to
3. Management of personal data by the company
3.1 Purpose of data collection
The Company collects your personal data via its website for the following purposes only:
- managing subscriptions to our newsletter and press releases (subscribe/unsubscribe procedures),
- sending information about the company and its activities as well as, subject to your consent, publicity or marketing information
- Management of yours orders on the website.
Your personal data (mostly first name, surname, address, e-mail) that we collect to ensure these purposes and which are essential to respond to your requests are mentioned by an asterisk on the collect forms. If you don’t fill in these fields, we will not be able to respond to your requests.
3.2 Retention of data
Data is retained for a period appropriate to the purposes for which it was collected. In any way, this period cannot exceed three years from last contact.
3.3 Data recipients
GUERLAIN is the only recipient of the data.
GUERLAIN will only send your personal data to a third party if:
- You have given us your prior approval to share such information,
- GUERLAIN has to share such information with third parties in order to provide the service you have requested,
- GUERLAIN is required by a judicial authority or any other administrative authority to provide it with such information.
For the purposes of technical management of the storage of your personal data, your data will be stored on a centralized basis on servers hosted by our provider, based in FRANCE.
www.guerlain.com/cerlceimperial is hosted by the following provider:
3.4 Data security and privacy
GUERLAIN has made every effort to put in place suitable precautions to safeguard the security and privacy of personal data, and to prevent it from being altered, corrupted, destroyed or accessed by unauthorized third parties.
The technical and organizational security measures implemented, in particular with regard to information systems, are compliant with the state of the art.
However, GUERLAIN does not control each and every risk related to the use of the Internet, and therefore warns visitors of the potential risks involved in the functioning and use of the Internet.
4. "Send to a friend" functionality
You can send information that you find interesting to your friends via the envelope icon at the bottom of the screen on our website. You will be asked to complete the following fields: first name, last name and email address. We will also ask you to provide the email address of your friend, to enable us to send them the information. We only collect this data for the purpose of sending your email. Sender and/or recipient data is not saved or recorded.
When you visit our company website, a cookie may be automatically installed and temporarily saved in your computer’s memory or on its hard disk in order to make it easier for you to navigate around our site. Cookies do not enable us to identify you, but are used to record information about the pages you have viewed on our website, the date and time of your visit to the site, etc. We are able to read this information during your subsequent visits.
You can disable cookies in your web browser. However, this will disable all cookies used by your browser, including those from other websites, which may cause certain settings or information to be altered or lost. Disabling cookies may change your browsing experience on our website, or may make navigating around the site more difficult.
You can disable cookies in your web browser as follows:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and above:
1. Go to "Tools", then "Internet Options".
2. Click on the "Privacy" tab.
3. Use the cursor to select the level you require.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5:
1. Go to "Tools", then "Internet Options".
2. Click on the "Security" tab.
3. Select "Internet", then click on "Custom Level".
4. Under "cookies", select the option you want.
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose "Customize and Configure Google Chrome"> "Settings"> "Advanced Settings".
2. Privacy and Security.
1. Go to "Tools", then "Options".
2. Click on the "Privacy" setting.
Safari 3.x for Mac OS X:
1. Click the "Edit" menu.
2. Click the "Preferences" option.
3. Click the "Security" option.
4. Click "Display cookies".
6. Changes to Data Protection Policy
GUERLAIN may make changes to its Data Protection Policy. We will ensure that you are informed of such changes. We invite you to regularly visit the section “Personal Data”.